Hey Eagles, Happy Friday!
Writing can be hard, but it builds character. One of the character traits that gains lots of muscle is perseverance. A few years ago, when I taught English, most of my students had the “get her done” attitude about writing. They believed that the first draft should be the final draft. Once, I had them to write on a wrinkled paper bag for a first draft, just to force them to create another draft. Recently, I have been writing a signature talk and has been like pulling teeth to get this piece out of me. But I know I have to put my pride to the side and create more than one draft until I get it just right. We all want to be perfect on the first time around. Well, in writing, that is hard to do.
This Week I ran across an article called, “21 Harsh But Eye-Opening Writing Tips from Great Authors” by Cody Delistraty. Delistraty created a list of 21 quotes from well-known writers. Each quote echoes perseverance. There is no such thing as giving up for anyone who wants to become an author, blogger, and/or brander. We can only grow if we keep at it. Here are just a few of those 21 quotes:
- If writing seems hard, it’s because it is hard. It’s one of the hardest things people do.
- I would advise anyone who aspires to a writing career that before developing his talent he would be wise to develop a thick hide. —Harper Lee
- You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. –Jack London
- There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
–W. Somerset Maugham
- If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have time—or the tools—to write. Simple as that.
Be encouraged. Even Stephen King received a boat load of rejection letters, but he used each one to fuel him towards his goals.
If you need help editing a writing project, feel free to contact me at email@example.com